Adapted from: Erinn Butulis
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
1 package Vietnamese rice paper
1 package rice noodles (optional!)
1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
15 cooked shrimp (or your choice of protein), cut lengthwise
½ cucumber, peeled and cut into thin sticks
small handful fresh cilantro, mint, or Thai
basil leaves, torn up or left whole
small bushel of green onions
1 mango, sliced thin
½ cup peanut (optional)
1. Fill a shallow wide mouth bowl or dish with hot water.
2. Soak one rice paper round at a time in the water for about 10 seconds, then lay rice paper on plate or ﬂat surface.
3. Start at one edge of the rice paper, and place a thin layer of each ingredient along the length of the roll (similar to building a burrito).
4. To assemble to rolls, place a thin layer of rice noodles along the rice paper.
5. Place 2-4 shrimp halves along the edge of the rice paper.
6. Place a selection of veggies (one strip of carrot, cucumber, and some greens) and sprinkle with herbs and peanuts.
7. Fold over one long side to cover, then fold up both ends.
8. Roll the the whole thing up as tightly as you can without tearing the wrapper. Serve and enjoy!
Note: Try making a dipping sauce with equal parts peanut butter and tamari, adding garlic and ginger to taste.