Adapted from: Food Network Kitchen
Prep time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Cook time: N/A
4 medium tomatoes, preferably heirloom varieties, chopped
4 cups diced seedless watermelon
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 medium shallot, sliced
⅓ cup loosely packed basil and mint, plus small leaves for topping
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
⅓ cup EVOO
3 tbsp. champagne vinegar
1. Place the tomatoes, watermelon, cucumber, bell pepper, shallot, basil and mint in a large bowl.
2. Season with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and pepper to taste.
3. Stir in the olive oil and vinegar.
4. Puree the tomato mixture in a blender, in batches if necessary. Strain through a ﬁne-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing to extract any liquid; discard the solids and season with salt and pepper.
5. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
6. To serve, top the soup with the small herb leaves.