- 1 packet Vietnamese rice sheets
- 10 lettuce leaves, (butter lettuce or frilly romaine) cut crosswise into 1 inch strips
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, whole leaves
- 10 fresh basil leaves, whole leaves
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 pound small-medium shrimp, boiled
- 1 jalape?o, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber cut into diagonal thin slices
- 1 cup carrot, cut into matchsticks
- sriracha, to taste
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, canned (light preferably)
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoons palm or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sriracha
You can serve this on a platter with a bowl of very warm water, where people build their own, or you can make them ahead and keep them in the fridge.
To make, dunk a rice sheet into the very warm water, and turn, wetting the edges.? Once the sheet starts to feel pliable, lay it on a clean surface and add your desired ingredients.? The rice paper is transparent, so I lay my shrimp down first (usually 3 in a row), and then put my other ingredients on top.? Finish with a drizzle of Sriracha, and roll up like a burrito (fold right and left edges over, then the top one, and then roll towards yourself). Set aside on a platter, and finish the rest. Serve with Homemade Peanut Sauce.
Blend everything together in a food processor until desired consistency.