Adapted from: Jenna Weber (Eat Live Run)
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
1 large kabocha squash
8 oz. your choice of protein (optional)
1 large handful green beans, cut in half
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 kaf?r lime leaves, torn
6 Thai basil leaves, chopped
1 tbsp. oil of your choice
3 tbsp. red thai curry paste
1 can coconut milk
? cup water
1 tbsp. ?sh sauce
2 tsp. brown sugar
2 red thai chilies, pierced with a knife
cooked jasmine rice (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400?F. Drizzle olive oil on a foil-lined sheet tray.
2. Slice kabocha squash, remove seeds, and place cut-side down on the sheet tray. Roast?squash halves for about 30 minutes until tender. Remove and let cool completely.
3. In a large pot or deep pan, heat the canola oil over medium high heat. Add the curry?paste and mash into hot oil so all the paste gets incorporated. Then, slowly drizzle in the?coconut milk, whisking continuously until all milk has been added and no curry “clumps”?remain.
4. Add water, torn kaf?r lime leaves, thai basil, ?sh sauce, brown sugar and thai red chilies?and bring to a simmer. Add red bell peppers and green bean halves and continue?simmering sauce for about 15 minutes until vegetables are just cooked but not mushy.
5. Peel or slice kabocha squash away from peel. Chop into large chunks and add along with?your choice of protein to the curry sauce. Serve curry over jasmine rice and enjoy!