Adapted from: Stacey Brugeman
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
5.5 oz rice noodles or vermicelli noodles
12 butter lettuce leaves, washed and dried
1 carrot, washed and grated
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
chile sauce (optional)
1. Fill a pot ⅓ full of water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and then add the noodles, let sit for about 10 minutes until the noodles are tender.
2. Be sure to save ¼ cup of the noodle water; you can drain the rest. Now stir in the seasoning packet.
3. Cook the noodles over low heat until they are warm and the additional moisture has steamed off (about two minutes).
4. Distribute the noodles into each lettuce leaf and top with the grated carrots, cilantro, and the juice for half a lime.
5. Serve with a side dish of chili sauce!