Adapted from: Jenny Sugar
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: ~1 hour 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 20 min-1 hour 40 min
For the Burgers:
1 medium sweet potato
½ cup dry millet
½ cup rolled oats
2 tbsp. fresh cilantro
1 ½ tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. cumin
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained
1 cup corn
2 tsp. EVOO
8 whole wheat hamburger buns (optional)
For the Sauce:
1 ripe avocado
3 oz. Greek yogurt
1 tsp. lime juice
¼ tsp. salt
1 Roma tomato, diced
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Bake the sweet potato for 50-60 min or until soft.
2. While the sweet potato is baking, cook the millet until soft, about 20-30 minutes.
3. Once the sweet potato is baked and cooled, combine sweet potato, oats, one cup of black beans, cilantro, garlic powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and one tablespoon of oil in food processor. Mix until smooth.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the sweet potato mixture with the remaining beans, corn, and millet.
5. Head the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large pan on medium heat. Place heaping spoonfuls of the mixture onto the hot pan, and use the back of the spoon to pat them ﬂat and form 4-inch-diameter patties. Brown both sides of each burger.
6. While the patties are cooking, mash the avocado with a fork. Mix in the Greek yogurt, lime juice, and salt. Stir in the tomatoes and set aside.
7. Serve on a bun (or a bed of lettuce!) with a dollop of avocado cream sauce and enjoy!