- 1 head cauliflower, broken into small florets (1 ½ pounds)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided use
- 1 large celery stalk, cut at an angle into ¼-inch slices (2/3 cup)
- 5 tablespoons hazelnuts, with skins
- 1/3 cup small flat-leaf parsley leaves, picked
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds (from about ½ pomegranate)
- Generous ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Generous ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat over to 425 degrees.
Mix the cauliflower with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt and some black pepper. Spread out in a roasting pan and roast on the top oven rack for 25 to 35 minutes, until the cauliflower is crisp and parts have turned golden brown.
Transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside to cool down.
Decrease the oven temperature to 325 degrees. Spread the hazelnuts on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast for 15 – 20 minutes.
Allow the nuts to cool a little, then coarsely chop them and add to the cauliflower along with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and the rest of the ingredients. Stir, taste, and season with salt and pepper accordingly. Serve at room temperature.