Adapted from: Lizzie Fuhr (POPSUGAR Fitness)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
1 tbsp. EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 white onion, diced
½ cup chickpeas
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1 tsp. cumin
1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. paprika
½ tbsp. red pepper ﬂakes
2 cups Swiss or red chard, chopped
fresh basil, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Heat oil in ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes. Add chickpeas and sauté for another 3 minutes.
3. Add diced tomatoes, cumin, cinnamon, paprika, red pepper ﬂakes, and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add Swiss chard and cook down for about one minute.
5. Make six little wells in the tomato and chard mixture, and add eggs to the skillet slowly.
6. Move the skillet to the preheated oven, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the whites are set.
7. Remove from oven, sprinkle with basil, serve, and enjoy!