Do you see a problem and feel the need to devise a solution? Help us cultivate our operations and share your passion for food!
As the Operations Intern, you’re key to the nuts and bolts of the organization. You’re a mover and shaker, and eager to learn. You’re inspired to educate. It will be your duty to cultivate the proper information and program resources to support the mission of Healthy Planet. You will learn how to efficiently and successfully implement projects and initiatives. You will help us manage our project research and development. You will assist in the planning and implementation of program operations. You will bring a fresh energy to promote team building. You will gain an overall understanding of how a non-profit functions, from the day-to-day operations, to internal and external communications, to overall strategic planning. You may also have the opportunity to learn how to plan, design, and implement one of your own ideas…from ‘farm to table.’
- Assist Chief Grower (CEO) in organization operations
- Learn and assist in cohesive project planning and implementation
- Familiarize with California Common Core State Standards
- Learn and assist in school recruitment
- Learn and assist in volunteer recruitment
- Research and assist in coordination of new training opportunities for all staff
- Learn and assist in the formulation of cross-departmental strategies and initiatives
- Assist to ensure that all communications accurately and persuasively present the vision, mission and values of Healthy Planet
An ideal candidate for this position will be highly organized, very personable, has an eye for detail, is an astute problem solver, and is both flexible and self motivated. The successful intern will demonstrate a real interest in project and operations management. You’re prompt, mindful of time, and can get things done before a deadline. You have an affinity for organizing and research. You will also be passionate about environmental and/or food issues.
This will be 3 days per week (one day remote) with some evenings and weekends needed.
Note: This is an unpaid internship. Reward comes in helping to become something that’s bigger than yourself. You’re supporting incredible programs that will educate children about how important it is to eat healthy.
If interested, please email a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com For more information call (415) 49GROW4