Do the words non-profit, social enterprise, and innovation excite you? Do you cherish the health of the environment? Are you an out of the box thinker? Then you?re in the right place!
Who we?re looking for:
Creative, sharp and compassionate individuals ready to hit the ground running with an internship in the Marketing and Development side of a great nonprofit. Based in San Francisco, Healthy Planet is a collaborative work environment. ?We are looking to grow our team and support outreach, public relations, digital/content marketing, and build social media communities/relationships.
We want to speak with you if you are:
Fun, tech, social media savvy, creative, full of ideas, and have a passion for the health, food, and education industry. We?d love it if you love photography, photoshop and design software, writing, website user experience and content management. We want someone who is a go-getter, an efficient worker, a self-starter who has a friendly attitude, a multi-tasker that prioritizes to meet deadlines, and a flexible schedule for some evening/weekend work.
- Create Press Releases
- Participate in developing blog content, strategy and outreach while collaborating and building blogger networks
- Passionate to learn about media, and interacting with reporters, editors and blogger community
- Research marketing contacts and cross-promotional opportunities
- Compile, edit and maintain media lists, pitches, and ROI
- Desire to work on, improve and implement writing skills and techniques
- Development and team collaboration of Editorial Calendars
- Produce content throughout the stages of the marketing pipeline- Blog Posts, email, case studies, video scripts and other marketing materials
- Ensure that campaigns, assets, communications and messaging are aligned to Healthy Planet?s brand guidelines and tone of voice
- Familiarity with Google Adwords and Analytics, or the passion to learn
- Research and create custom strategies for audiences using keywords and SEO planning
Social Media Marketing
- Strong interest and passion for social media, analytics and online community platforms
- Serve as a social media ambassador for the Healthy Planet brand
- Familiarity with social media management tools
- Enhance Healthy Planet US? brand by building a strong online community
- Measure the impact of Healthy Planet?s content marketing efforts using Google Analytics and other tools on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Learn and grow in pulling, reading, understanding and translating analytics and metrics into data visualization
- Passion for creating and measuring social media promotions and contests
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Interest in photography and taking pictures day to day, at events, and/or at Dig Days
- Experience and strong interest with Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google+ +, Instagram, Pinterest)
- Experience with Hootsuite, or interest to learn about content scheduling platforms
- Experience with WordPress, or interest to learn
- Proficient in Google Applications
- Self starter and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Desire to attend events, conferences, and educational seminars outside of office hours to learn new marketing and PR tactics, strengthen skills and network with community members
- Junior or Senior Year University level student studying public relations, marketing, communications or related field.?Or* Completed Bachelor?s degree in public relations, marketing, communications, or related field
This will be 3 days per week (one day remote) with some evenings and weekends needed.
Note: This is an unpaid internship. Reward comes in helping to become something that?s bigger than yourself. You?re supporting incredible programs that will educate children about how important it is to eat healthy.
If interested, please email a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information call (415) 49GROW4