Adapted from: Kulsum Kunwa (Journey Kitchen)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Serves: 1 large salad
1 cup quinoa, cooked as per instructions
¼ cup pistachio, slivered
½ cup fresh peas, or thawed frozen peas
1 tbsp of lime or lemon juice few sprigs of
fresh mint handful of fresh basil
¼ cup coriander leaves
¼ cup basil
2 tbsp pistachios
1 tsp. lime/lemon juice
2 tbsp. EVOO
¼ avocado for vegan version or 2 tbsp.
creamy goat cheese
½ green chili, or to taste (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Blend the ingredients for pesto in a food processor and put aside.
2. Boil the quinoa (1 cup raw quinoa, 2 cups water) and let cool.
3. Mix the peas, avocado, quinoa, lime juice, and pesto.
4. Sprinkle with pistachios, fresh mint, and basil.
5. Serve at room temperature and enjoy!