Adapted from: Michelle Tam (Nom Nom Paleo)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
1 large head cauli?ower
5 large cloves garlic
2 tbsp. butter
1/4 tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
1. Fill up a large (6-quart) stock pot with an inch or two of water. Put the pot on high heat,?insert steamer insert, and put on the lid.
2. While the water boils, wash and trim the cauli?ower, cutting up the ?orets and stems.?Peel and slice up the cloves of garlic.
3. Once the water starts to boil, insert stems, half of the ?orets, and all the garlic into the?pot, salting everything liberally.
4. Put in the rest of the cauli?ower and replace the lid, steaming everything until it is soft?(about 10 minutes). Don?t overcook it!
5. Once the ?orets are done, dump everything into a colander and let it drain. Transfer??orets to a food processor and add freshly ground black pepper, nutmeg, and butter.
6. Process everything until smooth. Eat immediately or cover and refrigerate.