Are you a passionate, hard-working person who wants to inspire a new generation of conscious eaters? Do you wish your community had better access to fresh food? Have you been looking for a part-time job that benefits your local schools, the children in your community and the planet?
Look no further!
Healthy Planet is a nonprofit based in San Francisco. Our goal is to put a garden in every school in America, and you can help!
We’re searching for passionate people to lead the implementation of the Healthy Growing school garden program in their local communities and schools. Our dedicated, passionate, and hardworking team at Healthy Planet will guide you through the process of creating a school garden, from start to finish.
As a Field Coordinator, you will be the face of Healthy Planet out in the field, or shall we say, the school garden. You will have a variety of key tasks to successfully build a school garden.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Scheduling and conducting Site Visit Assessment with schools (usually on a weekday)
- Assisting with PTA and/or Community Presentations
- Scheduling and leading the Dig Day with the school
- Liaising with the Healthy Planet Team
- Conducting Pre and Post Evaluations with the school
This is a very hands-on role. An ideal candidate for this position will be excellent at working with people, as well as flexible and self-motivated. You will be an effective and engaging communicator with experience working with children. You will also be passionate about environmental and/or food issues.
- Not afraid to get dirty
- Experience gardening/farming (preferred but not mandatory)
- Excellent communication skills & very personable
- A dedicated, self-starter with the ability to use own initiative
- A passion for environmental issues especially sustainable food
Compensation: Up to $200 stipend/school
Time period: Approximately 15 hours of total work, over a 6-month span, per school
- San Diego
- San Jose
- San Mateo
- San Francisco
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you’d be a great fit.