Adapted from: Martha Berkesch
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
Total time: 20-25 minutes
¼ cup EVOO
1 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
½ carrot, chopped
1 cup mushrooms
1 ½ onions, sliced
2 bell peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 ½ tomatoes, chopped
½ cup basil, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in large pot, adding eggplant, carrots, and mushrooms.
2. Once cooked, remove veggies from pot and reduce heat.
3. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and onions until soft, then add peppers and garlic. Cook 8-12 minutes (soften onions but do not brown).
4. Add tomatoes, thyme, and bay leaf. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add eggplant, carrots, and mushrooms. Cook on low for 20 minutes until everything is soft.
6. Adjust seasoning, add basil, serve, and enjoy!