Adapted from: Michelle Tam (Nom Nom Paleo)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
2 tbsp. ghee (clari?ed butter)
1 large onion, ?nely minced
3 large cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp. minced ginger
2 jalape?o peppers, ?nely diced
2 lb. ground beef, lamb, or a combination
? tsp. turmeric
2 ? tsp. salt
? cup coconut milk
1 tbsp. garam masala
juice from ? lemon
butter lettuce leaves
1. Heat the ghee in a large skillet over medium heat and prep your ingredients as the pan?gets hot.
2. Throw the onions in the pan and stir fry until translucent (about 10 minutes).
3. Toss in the garlic, ginger, and peppers and saut? until fragrant.
4. Crumble in the ground meat and cook until no longer pink, breaking up the pieces with?a spatula.
5. Stir in the turmeric, salt, and coconut milk, and bring to a simmer.
6. Cover the pan and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer the meat for 20 minutes, stirring?occasionally.
7. After 20 minutes, check to see if the liquid has evaporated from the meat. If not, cook the?meat uncovered for 5 more minutes, or until moisture is gone.
8. Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the garam masala, lemon juice, and minced?cilantro.
9. Adjust the seasoning to taste with additional salt, garam masala, or lemon juice.
10. Serve spiced meat in fresh lettuce wraps and enjoy!