Adapted from: Mikaela Reuben (MindBodyGreen)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30-35 minutes
Total time: 40-45 minutes
1 ½ tbsp. coconut oil + 1 tbsp. to coat cauliﬂower
1 shallot, chopped
1-inch ginger, peeled and chopped
1 stalk lemon grass
6 kafﬁr lime leaves
1 head cauliﬂower
1 tbsp. turmeric powder
pinch sea salt
1. If you can grill the cauliﬂower, opt for this rather than broiling. If using oven, turn oven to broil, or turn on grill.
2. Peel the outside leaf of the lemon grass off, pound or press the inside with a wooden spoon to help release aromas, and chop into smaller ½ inch pieces.
3. Add coconut oil, shallot, and ginger to a medium-sized pot.
4. Once the shallot has softened add lemongrass and kafﬁr lime leaf. Leave on low heat to simmer for about 30 minutes or longer.
5. Cut the stem off the cauliﬂower head. Cut the ﬂorets off the stem making them approximately 1-2 inches big.
6. Massage a little coconut oil onto the cauliﬂower and sprinkle with sea salt and put into the oven. Keep a close eye as the cauliﬂower as it won’t take long to cook.
7. When the cauliﬂower is lightly browned take it out of the oven.
8. Strain the contents of the pot and drizzle or toss through cauliﬂower.
9. Sprinkle with sea salt and toss with turmeric until each piece is bright and orange and enjoy!