Adapted from: Aylin Erman (Glow Kitchen)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
½ cup raw quinoa
1 cup + ¼ cup almond milk
2 tsp. honey
2 tsp. cocoa powder
½ tsp. vanilla extract
fresh mint for garnish (optional)
1 banana (½ mashed, ½ cut into slices)
1. Bring ½ cup of quinoa, ½ cup water, 1 cup almond milk, and dash of sea salt to boil in a small pot.
2. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally until all the liquid has been absorbed (about 10 minutes).
3. Remove quinoa from stove and transfer to a bowl.
4. Mix in the mashed banana, cocoa powder, vanilla, and honey. Stir until combined.
5. Pour the remaining ¼ cup of almond milk over quinoa, garnish with banana slices and mint (if desired), and enjoy!