Adapted from: Jamie Oliver
Prep time: 20-25 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
Total time: 30-40 minutes
For the Fajitas:
1 red bell pepper
1 medium red onion
8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast??llets
1 tsp. smoked paprika
A small pinch of ground cumin
1 tbsp. olive oil
freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 x 8-inch ?our tortillas
? cup plain yogurt
2 oz. Cheddar cheese
For the Salsa:
??1 fresh red chile, to your taste
15 ripe grape or cherry tomatoes
about ? cup a small bunch of fresh cilantro
1/16 teaspoon sea salt
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Guacamole:
small handful of cherry tomatoes
??1 fresh red chile
a few sprigs of fresh cilantro
? ripe avocado
1. Put your grill pan on a high heat. Halve and seed your bell pepper and cut it into thin?strips. Peel, halve, and ?nely slice your onion. Slice your chicken lengthways into long?strips roughly the same size as your bell pepper strips.
2. Put the bell peppers, onion, and chicken into a bowl with the paprika and cumin.?Squeeze over the juice of half a lime, drizzle over a lug of olive oil, season with the salt?and pepper and mix well. Put to one side to marinate for 5 minutes or so while you make?your salsa.
3. Finely chop your chile. Roughly chop your tomatoes and the cilantro, stalks and all.
4. Put the chile and tomatoes into a second bowl with the salt and pepper and the juice of?1 lime. Then stir in your chopped cilantro.
5. Use a pair of tongs to put all the pieces of bell pepper, onion, and chicken into your?preheated pan to cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until the chicken is golden and cooked?through. As the pan will be really hot, keep turning the pieces of chicken and vegetables?over so they don?t burn ? you just want them to lightly chargrill to give you a lovely ?avor.?Give the pan a little love and attention and you’ll be laughing.
6. To make the guacamole squeeze a handful of cherry tomatoes on to a board. Finely?chop up the ?esh with ? -1 red chile and a handful of cilantro leaves, including the top?part of the stalks.
7. Halve the avocado, leaving the side with the pit for another use. Then squeeze the one?side of the avocado over a board so the ?esh comes out of the skin. Discard the skin.?Squeeze over the juice of 1 lime and chop everything together until ?ne. Taste and?adjust the ?avors if needed.
8. Warm your tortillas up in a microwave or a warm dry frying pan. Divide your warmed?tortillas between your serving plates.
9. At the table, carefully help yourselves to the chicken and vegetables straight from the?hot grill pan. Just be sure to put it down on top of something that won?t burn, like a?chopping board.
10. Halve your remaining lime and squeeze the juices over the sizzling pan. Serve with bowls?of plain yogurt and guacamole alongside your Cheddar, a grater, and your lovely fresh?salsa. Enjoy!