Adapted from: Erin Wade
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: N/A
Total time: 15 minutes
For the Salad:
1-2 bunches of curly kale (or Tuscan kale)
1 cup almonds, chopped
1-2 cups parmesan, grated
anchovies, to taste
For the Dressing:
juice of 2-3 lemons
12 anchovy ?lets (packed in oil)
2 tbsp. champagne or white vinegar
1 tbsp. creamy dijon mustard
?-? cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
1 tbsp. water
1 small shallot (or ? of a big one)
salt and pepper to taste
1. For the dressing, put all ingredients but the shallot in a blender and emulsify. Then chop?the shallot and mix it in. Set aside.
2. For the salad, ?nely chop the leafy part of the green curly kale (strip each leaf off the?main stem) or, if you prefer, the darker green (and even more nutritious!) Tuscan kale.
3. Because kale is on the tougher side, chop the leaves fairly ?ne, more like a coleslaw, in?order to expose a lot of surface area where the dressing can absorb and soften.
4. Add almonds, a generous handful of grated parmesan cheese, and vinaigrette to taste.
5. Toss with more roughly chopped anchovies, depending on how much you love their?briny punch and enjoy!
Note: Unlike most salads that need to be served immediately, this salad actually improves?as the dressing works its magic!