- Beef broth (optional)
- 3-4 large red beets
- 2 large Yukon potatoes
- 1/2 green cabbage
- Large yellow onion
- 1 lb. ground beef/chorizo
- 3 sticks celery
- 1 Hot pepper
- Clean, cut into bit-size squares and boil beets & potatoes in broth or water (fill put 1/2 to 3/4 full of liquid).
- After roots are cooked until tender when poked with a fork, add chopped?cabbage, celery, whole hot pepper, fresh dill, parsley & thyme.
- In a separate pan, caramelize onions then add meat until browned.
- Add onions and meat into soup and cook until veggies are tender.
- Add salt & pepper to taste, a dollop of sour cream, a sprinkle of fresh dill?and a hunk of fresh-baked bread. Enjoy!